Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Time Thief

I didn't even catch a glimpse of whoever it was... it all happened so fast. But someone did it, and with no mercy. It almost makes it not worth having an item of value as there is always someone or some 'thing' that wants to take it away, rip it from your hands and haul fanny into the shadows before you know what hit. That's what happened back in February. Some unknown, and most assuredly evil, force stole these past six months of blogging sessions that were to produce at least one little writing every 28 to 30 days.
There are several possible perps to choose from in this thievery though it could be that a portion of each decided to band together and act in unison... a little bit of distraction, a smidgeon of disinterest, a tidbit of busy-ness and a whole passle of "I'll get to it in a bit." There was a hint of "I don't have anything to say." (We all know better on that one!) Sadly, things even reached the dreaded reality of forgetfulness to the degree of actually forgetting I even HAVE a blog! At any rate, here I am in September, it's the first day of public school and the neighborhood is quiet, almost to the point of spooky. Vacations are over, fall cleaning is underway and the familiar door arrangement of oversized sunflowers has once again found its way to gracing our front entrance. Our youngest grandchild, August, had the audacity to turn nine in (guess when) August and she is so savvy and maturing so quickly that I feel it all slipping away... one little month, week and hour at a time.
When I turned 60, October will mark two years ago, several friends gave me beautiful journals to jot things down in because they knew of my "love" of writing... it is a love I have betrayed, neglected, way too long. So, I, the eldest female in the gang, challenged Gus, the youngest, to write with me. I passed on one of the many journals I had received and we made a deal to write at least a paragraph, or sentence even, every day. It was a good birthday gift as she writes very well. We shall see.
As for the multi-faceted thief, I pray for the stamina to be ready, always on guard to fight; to fight for that most precious gift of Time. We seem to misplace it so carelessly.

2 comments:

Ed Frost said...

As the husband of Miss Neelie, I must insist that I have frequently pestered her to write, write, write. She, however, insists on being worried that the house isn't clean, the dishes aren't washed or some such variety of excuse. I do not care that the house may be dirty, or the dishes unwashed, or whatever excuse she may have. I would much prefer to have her words on paper (or blog) than to have a clean house and clean dishes (etc.). I don't notice the dirt anyway!

Anonymous said...

Ed's a keeper! Now, get to writing! It is SO easy to let those writing moments slip away. I love the challenge for you and August--in September, yet! :)